Creative Services Manager
Our in-house creative team is small in number but packed with talent and excellence. What we need right now is a Creative Services Manager; an upper-level working role to help us stay organized throughout the entire creative development process and bring strategic ideas to life through creative ideation and flawless execution. This position will report to the VP of marketing and is a utility player. The ideal candidate is a proactive individual, with well-developed critical thinking skills who is able to process, react to, and solve problems in a timely manner as they arise.
Key Job Duties
- Serve as a Key Contributor: Work with account and business development services to create design assets for client pitches and end deliverables.
- Lead the Creative Team: Oversee day-to-day job performance of the team. Ensure project/department milestones/goals are met and adhere to approved timelines and budgets.
- Develop Team Skills: Identify and address skills gaps within the team. Provide mentorship and continuing education recommendations when and where needed.
- Manage Schedules: Create and monitor production schedules, and assist the account team with development schedules.
- Develop Processes: Establish and implement design standards and processes to produce consistent and high-quality results.
- Lead Team Meetings: Lead project kickoffs and regular SCRUM-style team meetings to foster collaboration, divvy up work, discuss status, prioritize action items.
- Apply Quality Control: Ensure creative teams’ work is high quality, error-free, and client ready.
- Manage Version Control: Make sure the right versions go to the right people, especially when those people are clients, printers, or ad networks.
- Coordinate Resources: Assist with sourcing freelance creatives, developers, outside production companies, and resources for photo and video shoots.
- Collaborate on Financials: Work with account team and office manager to make sure freelancers get paid accurately and on time.
- Track Expenditures: Keep track of spending for development and production, seek opportunities to add value and reduce costs, enhancing profitability.
- Take Ownership: Be accountable for the outputs and quality of the creative teams’ work. Ensure PMG’s quality standards are applied.
- 5-10 years of experience in design, with time spent managing and growing a team, preferably at a digital agency
- BA or AA in Graphic Arts or equivalent combination of experience and education
- A broad portfolio which demonstrates expertise across a range of platforms and channels and content formats (print, digital, video, web, etc.)
- A digital-first mentality, with deep experience designing engaging and interactive content for online use
- An understanding of best practices in demand generation and how to craft content that drives leads down the funnel
- A strategic mindset, with a demonstrated ability to understand clients’ business challenges and deliver creative solutions
- A passion for creating stunning visuals that align with client strategy and help to deliver ROI
- Excellent project management skills, with a strong attention to detail from concept development through production for flawless end results
- Superior communication skills, the ability to be tactful and diplomatic but also firm and, above all, clear
- Proficient knowledge of MAC OS and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), and platforms used for internal/client marketing
- Bonus points for experience with high tech and/or SaaS clients, and a fundamental knowledge of their industries
Please send your resume and a cover letter answering the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- What are the three most recent creative skills you’ve developed and how have you implemented them in client work?
- What is your relationship to technology? Which technologies (current and future) are you most inspired by, and why?
- How do you enable and support your team in doing their best work? What strategies have you found most useful?