PMG is seeking a VP of Sales & Client Services to lead its growing team of strategists and creatives. PMG is a B2B content marketing and demand generation agency completely verticalized in tech and SaaS. We leverage deep subject matter expertise, experience gained on the B2B enterprise side, and top-tier agency creative chops to help leading tech and SaaS businesses gain and retain market share.
Successful candidates for this role will have worked in a B2B marketing environment, preferably in tech/SaaS in the past, and will be able to bring a deep understanding of our clients’ business needs to the table. Likewise, they will have also spent time in an agency environment, providing them with insight on how PMG can best deliver on these needs with innovative campaigns and content. This candidate should be well versed in all aspects of B2B marketing, including content, digital, and demand generation.
- Driving new business, through proactive management of PMG’s inbound engine, its SDR partnership, and personal outreach to prospects, with a goal of 15% YoY revenue growth.
- Delivering winning pitches to prospective clients and managing RFP processes, resulting in the successful closure of new business, using PMG’s catalog of sales content, as well as newly created materials.
- Managing the overall pipeline taking an Account-Based Everything approach to sales, marketing, and client retention.
- Diversifying PMG’s client mix with the addition of 5-6 small-midsize logos, and 1-2 large logos in 2019.
- Driving adoption of newly instituted processes, including team goals for minimum billable hours, SLAs for the timely completion of work, and the usage of resource management software to ensure team efficiency.
- Participating in the creation of all SOWs to ensure they are scoped appropriately, and have realistic deadlines, as well as acceptable terms, and more importantly, deliver innovative solutions to client needs.
- Supervising a team of four direct reports, who manage five additional reports, providing guidance and structure to assist them with delivering exceptional client work.
- Reviewing client deliverables to confirm they meet PMG quality standards, and working with the team to identify potential upsell opportunities.
- Identifying when items should be outsourced, and building a team of qualified contractors to offload non-critical work, using UpWork and their personal network.
- Leading account planning efforts, as well as a new Voice of the Customer (VOC) exercise to improve retention and drive account growth.
- Working with PMG leadership to align client billing cycles with cash flow needs, and drive repeatable revenue for pipeline consistency.
- 10 years experience in an agency marketing organization, or preferably, in both B2B client side as well as agency.
- Robust portfolio of work, showing demonstrated competencies in content, digital, demand generation.
- Proven history of delivering results, driving revenue via sales and successful retention/growth of client accounts.
- Bachelor Degree or MBA.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that addresses the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. What do you think B2B marketing agencies need most from an agency partner, and how have you worked to provide that in the past?
2. How have you personally contributed to the growth and financial success of a company you’ve worked for, on the client or agency side?
3. As a leader, how have you successfully inspired teams to do their best work, and what sort of results did you achieve?